Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Earth, Wind, and Fire

 
Maurice White passed away recently, at age 74.
 
So many musicians who passed away this year, David Bowie, Glenn Frey, Merle Haggard, Prince. Music plays such  an important in our lives each passing is like a rift in our consciousness. But I wanted to talk about Maurice White and how I came to meet him..

I was in Los Angeles in 1993 on A Spiritual Journey to the U.S.  While giving a talk and demo of spiritual healing on a cable TV show I got a call from a gentleman who said he just turned it on and there I was. He was drawn to me, for whatever reason. I, knew him as someone from a past life in Egypt and in this life we meet many from the past..

Maurice White came to all my meditations in Pacific Palisades and even had several healing sessions. A very spiritual being, he actually had named his group Earth Wind and Fire after the astrological elements in his birth chart. (Turns out they're the same as mine).

We were good friends for the few months I remained there, even when I made a point of telling everyone about my spiritual beliefs. He suffered from Parkinson's and was in hiatus. Told me he felt better after each visit. And his group had a resurgence after that, make what you will.
 
This was just after the Los Angeles Earthquake of 1994. I bring change, and some, I help. I asked him once if he knew Michael Jackson, the Drowning Man because I felt he would need help. Perhaps I wasn't meant to help. Perhaps I was to leave L.A. so I could go to Texas and meet so many good people there as well.

Perhaps, you cannot save every one (for that depends on the choices they make, especially spiritual choices).

So we lost touch, and now, you think of all the people you have met, even peripherally. Bob Geldof, Mick Jagger, and many more. You cannot look to the past with regret for what might have been. That only takes you in a direction which prevents possibilities.

But, you still can look at the past with fondness, the lives you have touched and the good you did.

No comments: