Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Suffer the Children

I was abused as a child

About time I said it. I was molested.


When I was living in the U.K the lady in the neighbouring flat was a secretary in the Crown Prosecution Service. She told me the number of cases of child abuse she had to type every day were so horrifying and traumatic she could hardly believe it herself. This was in the 70's, and it's only gotten worse.


Now there's emotional and psychological abuse, which can actually be worse than physical abuse. God knows, that seems to exist in every family, and it's a wonder anyone survives that to become a decent human being. That's because we have that aspect of God within ourselves that protects us, though of course there also is our choices, and our karma.


One could blame parents, as one could blame God. One could also try to understand, and only then can we learn to forgive, and find peace.


What we are going through now is a reflection of a reflection of the imbalance that exists within all of us. So if our parents, teachers, spouses and loved ones should be abusive, that comes from the lack of balance within all of us. I don't need to judge that. Why should I, when all that happens is part of a cycle we repeat, over and over again? Moral lectures and psychological exercises seem not to make a difference any way. I do feel, though, the pain we all carry inside ourselves.


So I was sexually molested when I was 7 years old. All the other stuff that happened before or after, when adults would grope and fumble in that furtive little way, was no big deal. It was like, what the hell are you up to? But the one time when I could have been hurt for the rest of my life, well, I went...elsewhere, and when I returned, I was fine.


Both the victims and the perpetrators I have seen since; no, they are not fine, and their need for healing is reflected in the planet's need for healing.


Religion is a human failing that focuses on the male or female aspects, none of which are in balance. So, those who follow that can make war, and hurt others, and abuse, because what they believe in is itself not in balance. But bring the child into the equation, and heal and protect the child, and then and only then, can we begin to heal.

No comments: