Monday, August 20, 2012

Will There Be War?


Yesterday we commemorated another battle

We were going to the chiropractor today, my daughter and I, and she, commenting on the Dieppe Raid ceremonies, said that "Remembrance Day was the most boring school day for children, as they had to sit for two hours while adults lectured at them".

I laughed at that, but then, serious now, told her that while I understood how all my children were anti-war, it was to commemorate the sacrifices of those who gave their lives. How Remembrance Day began after WWI, to honor the millions of soldiers who had been killed for their country. How humanity resolved to never again have such a war, but then it did, in WWII, then again in Korea and now Afghanistan, so Remembrance Day was a day to remember the dead of ALL the wars, whether we agreed with them or not.

And, getting started now :) I reminded her she'd be studying Civics soon, and how that was my favorite in college, about the ideals of a real democracy and how responsible we all were for maintaining that. And therefore, we remembered those who sacrificed their lives for their country.

I say this now because there have been rumours of war, that Israel would attack Iran. It reminded me of my previous thoughts, on Battle For The Soul Of The Jewish People, and War. Didn't I say the battle would begin in the Middle East, and spread around the world?

Now I have been using a lot of astrology lately, and the signs indicate yes, that war might begin this September 2012. But, will it be The War? No, because I believe the war began in 1979, but we have been so clueless we never really saw it, and some, still do not.

And I have often asked why I have had many close followers, not a single one of them was Muslim or Jewish. I believe there's a puzzle within that, but also, hopefully that would change one day; and good things would follow from that.

So, will Israel attack Iran? I say, No. Sabotage through proxies, maybe, force through sanctions, keep the pressure on. Iran will change one day, without any outside pressure. And hopefully, so too will Israel, though I doubt that will be soon. You see, material power ensures survival, but, when you lack spirituality, you will never see how weak that protection actually is.

But this is a message for good people everywhere, of every religion, belief system, and philosophy. We will always have war, because that is in our nature. We can change our nature, because that is what we are meant to do. The path is hard, and some might give up on that, but if we will it, then it will be so.

The real battle will always be a spiritual one. It is enough to be a good person, but also, not enough.

This is what I wrote eight years ago on Remembrance Day, 2004, in Time For A Spiritual Revolution:

But my advice to you on the eve of this battle is:

Be active, and do the best that you can.

Discover who you are and your purpose in life.

Meditate.

Become a loving and spiritual person.

Strengthen yourself.

Do not be afraid of anything.

With love,

Naseer Ahmad

And, you must follow me.

No comments: