Monday, September 20, 2010

Direction Changes




Which way?


The guidance counselors at school are asking my daughters what they'd like to do, career wise. They're 10 and 13 years old, respectively, and in typical teen fashion, said "I dunno", when they do know. Soriah wants to be a healer, and Gebbriel wants to run a restaurant. Still, that's a good question we need to ask ourselves. What would we like to be, and how do we get there?


When asked at age 8, I said I'd like to be an engineer and build things, but that was before. Then at 11 my brother passed on and my teacher got me the scholarship forms to go to military school, and I really, really, wanted to be a pilot. Flying, eagle, spirit, I get it. Yet even though my heart was set on it and I came so close to my dream, I was already communicating with spirit and was gently, but firmly, led away from there.


I'd asked for a direction, and got the chance to go to school. I asked again, and was brought to Canada within the space of a few months. I got a good job. My brother was studying to be an electrical engineer but didn't like it. He asked if I could get him a job in my firm. I said no, it was a dead end. Instead of which he went to Canada's largest stockbrokers and eventually a president there and became quite well off.


I decided to write, that became the direction.


New York or London?


Marriage and children.


Job and career,


Sitting on a beach, and thinking. Quit my job and became a full time healer, teacher and writer.


Travel as part of my spiritual work.


Trying to find balance.


Each time, the goal was the same as it always had been. To find the God in me. To help others. The directions taken, the people and events that crossed my path, the setbacks, were all absorbed and I plodded along. Things I had set in motion were already taking place and it was time to once again, change direction.


And now, as we come to a spiritual crossroads in our life, here is the choice that faces you. You must decide which path you will take, and in which direction, and if your choice will be based on your spiritual or material needs. This time, you cannot have both, and this, will be the final direction taken.


So, choose well.

No comments: