Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Why Rome?


It was a lovely meditation

This year's Christmas meditation was poignant for me. I found myself reminiscing about the year that is about to come to an end, and helping people with the journey we are all beginning. It will above all be a journey of spirit.

Many people have passed away, or are about to. I now find myself where I planned on being, that at long last, after a journey of struggle, I should now be able to stop and reflect, and let things be.

So I look forward to a life of contemplation, and working on my projects, and spending time with my family. Yes, I will always be there to help friends, but also, remind them there is much they can do themselves.

I talked a bit about the nature of evil, and how I had come across many examples of it in the last while. Whatever we call mental illness, sociopathy, psychopathy, yes, their actions occur because they have been taken over by evil, enabled perhaps by their own choices in drugs or alcohol, or past abuse. I can't judge, nor do I react, but I do feel compassion for them even as I call for justice. And trust me, their karma will be a bigger prison for them than any punishment that justice brings.

But why am I drawn to Rome? I've written extensively about Italy, and Europe, here, but that never had anything to do with famous murder cases or corruption or political change. There always was a spiritual reason behind this, and it now finally is coming to a close. I may or may not be in Rome this March. Physical dimensions are simple restrictions that any one can overcome, so I will be there in spirit.

Yes, I predicted great change in Italy and thought of the Pope, in 2011. Turned out that shortly after that a plot to assassinate the current pontiff was revealed, and Italy may be heading for a new election in February. But I do not really care, and let go. There's a great darkness in the city, and hopefully there will one day be light. But I can't intervene as I've done so many times in the past. It reminds me so much about why I went to Tehran, but that, was six years ago. Much has changed since then. I, have changed.

So in the end, I really did not have much to say. There will be more in the year to come, but for now, all that was left, this final meditation of 2012, was a man, sitting in a room and sharing a meal with his friends. Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukkah, Salaam, and joy to the new year.


No comments: