The British people have spoken
And now, what's next?
First, it was so good to see actual paper ballots being counted and the people's voice being heard, unlike the shenanigans in the U.S. as the Democratic Party openly commits electoral fraud and disqualifies so many voters at the primary level.
Second, yes, voters have made their choice clear and I respect that. I also believe their vote, made perhaps out of fear and anger, was the right one. The Leave politicians, forget their xenophobic fear mongering, lied to them about the economic consequences of that decision, so yes, unfortunately, I expect serious fall out.
- As the pound continues to fall the Bank of England may raise interest rates, causing hardship to working families.
- Imports will cost more. And since the price of oil is set in dollars, gas and heating costs will rise.
- The European market will be closed to British goods and capital flight will cause many European companies to move out. Americans will come in and buy your assets on the cheap.
- Young people will no longer be able to work or study in Europe. Unemployment will rise. Your properties there and in the UK will lose value, your trips abroad more expensive.
- You still have to pay EU fees and an exit fine. No 'savings' to save the NHS, that and the social safety net will be dismantled under the process begun under the Tories and New Labour.
I'm a spiritual person. I believe there are consequences to actions. Half a lifetime warning people and nations exactly what karma means and how, it's a law more inexorable than gravity :) so there you go.
If you look at my dozens of posts on Europe and the U.K. on this blog you'll see.
This is what war, invasions of other countries, and unfettered greed does to you, and if you don't like the consequences, sorry.
You don't even like solutions that take you outside your comfort level, so what can I say?
Since I believe in freedom of choice, I accept people's decisions. But then, hopefully, as you realize your mistake, hopefully you move to the right place to be, which is spiritual, not material.
And now, the U.S. Maybe you, too, need to learn the hard way. Perhaps it needs to get worse before you get shaken out your lethargy, in which case it's a good thing.
Whither Goest Thou, America? And if you can't decide, then maybe, you need a President Trump though honestly, President Hillary will be worse.
Who will be the next president of the U.S.?
I dunno. You decide.